Boneless Short Rib Shepherd’s Pie
- 3 lbs Bountiful Harvest® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup Cobblestreet Market® Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 2 lb Prairie Creek® All Natural Fully Cooked Boneless Beef Short Ribs
- 2 tbsp Culinary Secrets® all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Villa Frizzoni® Olive Oil
- 2 cups Bountiful Harvest® Diced Onions
- 1 cup Bountiful Harvest® Diced Carrots
- 1 cup Bountiful Harvest® Sliced Celery, diced
- 14.5 oz. Vista Verde® fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp Culinary Secrets® soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Culinary Secrets® Salt & pepper to Taste
- Prepare potatoes according to instructions. Stir in cheese. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Toss beef with flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the pepper.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Re-heat meat according to instructions then spread in baking dish in single layer.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add onions, carrot and celery; cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown. Stir in tomatoes, soy sauce and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid evaporates. Spread evenly over beef in baking dish. Spoon potato mixture over vegetable mixture; spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until top of potatoes are crispy. Top with parsley.