Blueberry Pork Burger
Chef Brian Funk | Reinhart Division Chef, Shawano-Marquette
- 5 oz frozen pulled pork (heat and serve)
- ¼ oz wild arugula
- ¾ oz sharp white cheddar
- 1 ea brioche bun '
Candied Bacon (Servings: 4)
- 16 oz cherrywood smoked bacon
- 3 oz light brown sugar
- 1/3 oz cayenne red ground pepper
- 1/8 oz black pepper
- 1/8 red pepper, crushed
Blueberry Jam (Servings: 1)
- 16 oz frozen blueberries
- ½ oz fresh ginger root
- ½ oz lime juice
- 4 oz extra-fine beet sugar
- Blueberry jam: Bring everything to a boil and reduce until thick. That will take approximately 20 minutes to 25 minutes.
- Candied Bacon: Preheat oven to 350 F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper (You can sub aluminum foil if you don’t have parchment paper around). Sprinkle bacon with about half of the brown sugar. Sprinkle on the red pepper flakes, cayenne and cracked black pepper. Sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar on the top and then give it a good pat all over. Think of it as a rub that’s going to coat the bacon in candy-like goodness. You don’t really have to worry about coating the reverse side because as the bacon cooks, the sugary coating will run under it and coat the other side of the bacon, too. Bake for 20 minutes to 30 minutes until it reaches your desired crispiness.
- Assemble all ingredients on a brioche bun, starting the base with freshly heated pulled pork.
No video selected.