Blossomed Onions with Balsamic
Recipe by Markon®
As delicious in taste as they are beautiful in presentation, these blossomed onions are a healthier version of the fried favorite.
- 4 Markon® Ready-Set-Serve Blooming Yellow Onions
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Edible petals (optional)
- Slice one onion horizontally nearly in half (leaving onion connected). Repeat vertically, forming a cross.
- Slice twice more, forming an X so that onion has eight sections. Place onions on foil on a baking sheet.
- Combine oil and vinegar. Drizzle evenly over onions. Season with salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until onions are tender and flower shaped.
- Optional: garnish with edible petals and balsamic vinaigrette.
- One onion per serving.