Blackened Mahi Lettuce Wraps
w/ Fresh Mango Salsa and Cilantro Lime Aioli
- olive oil, as needed
- green leaf lettuce, (butter or romaine recommended)
- ¼ C mango, diced
- ¼ C pineapple, diced
- ¼ C red onion, diced
- ½ E plum tomato, diced
- ½ E jalapeño, diced seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 E lime, zest & juice
- TT salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp blackening spice (Paul Prudhomme's)
- 8 oz Mahi Mahi fillet
CILANTRO LIME AIOLI:
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ C mayonnaise
- 1 E zest of 1 lime and Juice
- TT salt and pepper
- For Cilantro Lime Aioli:
Combine in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Combine the mango, tomatoes, pineapple, jalapeño, cilantro, diced red onion and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides and coat one side of the fillet with the blackening spice.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until done.
- Set aside to cool.
- When slightly cool, chop into large chunks.
- Add to the reserved salsa and fold carefully as to not break up the fish.
- Add dollop of Aioli to the fish/salsa mixture in the center of the lettuce leaves and roll.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2017
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood