Black Friday Sliders
Chef Mark Smith | Reinhart Shreveport
- 6 oz boneless and skinless roast turkey breast
- 6 oz seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 3 ea slider buns, toasted
- 3 oz jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 oz frozen cubed mango
- 8 oz bleached all-purpose flour
- 8 oz unsalted skim butter
- 1 Tbsp chicken base gourmet paste
- 2 oz carrot cello pack
- 2 ea celery stalk
- 2 oz jumbo yellow onion
- Quart boiling water
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Cook the cornbread to recipe. Add sage. Add herbs and season to your taste. Cornbread is a blank canvas and will add depth to these sliders.
- Fully roasted turkey: Heat canola oil in a large fry pan and test for readiness. Then dry the turkey off and gently place into the oil. 375 F is always a great temperature to crisp the skin. This step is for effect.
- Grab the leftover cranberry sauce and cut a nice sized ring. Sauté it and frozen mango. Butter and toast 3 slider buns. Slice six ounces of turkey.
- Each slider will get 2 ounces of turkey, a scoop of your kicked-up leftover dressing, a drizzle of mango-cranberry sauce and skewer it. Serve it with a cup of gravy. Feel free to dip the turkey in the gravy before you assemble.
No video selected.