Bistro Sliders w/ Bacon Jam
- 2 ounces applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1/4 ounce yellow onion, diced
- 3 ounces maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 1/2 ounce light brown sugar
- 1/2 ounce apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces coffee
- 4 ounces top blade flat iron steak
- 3 each brioche slider buns, buttered and grilled
- Cook flat iron steak to desired doneness. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice meat against the grain.
- Place on brioche buns and top with bacon jam.
- Sauté bacon and onion until crisp.
- Add maple syrup, sugar, vinegar and coffee. Over reduced heat, continue to cook until sugar has dissolved.