Berries w/Lavender Creme Anglaise
- 2 oz Strawberry, #67154/li>
- 1/8 Ea Blueberry, 1/2 Pint Fresh, #77258/li>
- 1/2 Ea Raspberry 1/2 Pint Fresh, #A6118/li>
- 1 Ea Egg Large, yolk only, #L3384/li>
- 3 oz Milk, Whole, White, #71380/li>
- 3 oz Heavy Whipping Cream, #71216/li>
- 2 Tbsp Sugar, Extra Fine, #16728/li>
- 1/8 tsp Extract Vanilla Artisan, #24827 /li>
- 1/8 tsp Honey, #KB356/li>
- TT Spanish Lavender
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, heat the milk, cream, vanilla and lavender.
- The mixture should just bubble on the sides and not come to a full simmer as not to singe it. Meanwhile whisk together the sugar and egg yolk until the yolk has doubled in size and has become pale in color.
- Slowly add 1/4 cream mixture to the egg mixture while whisking constantly. Then add the egg mixture back into the pot while stirring always.
- Put the mixture on medium low heat while stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture coats the back of a spoon it is done. Strain and cool.
- Place the creme anglaise on top of the fresh berries. Garnish with fresh or dried lavender.