Beef Wellington Appetizers
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, minced
- Few sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, split
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, split
- 1/4 C red wine
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 2-oz. filet mignon pieces
- 8 oz. puff pastry, defrosted, pricked with fork, quartered
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in pan. Add shallots, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, & 1/4 tsp. pepper; deglaze with wine. Cook on medium-high until mixture forms a spreadable paste. Remove thyme; cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Salt and pepper filet pieces. Sear all sides in hot pan with 1 tsp. butter for 1 minute.
- Place each filet on a pastry square brushed with egg wash; coat filet with mustard. Top with mushroom duxelle. Wrap pastry; secure with egg wash. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake on parchment-lined sheet for 15 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Top with dollop of mashed potatoes; serve.