Chef Justin VanHorn, La Crosse Meat Department
Beef (10 lbs meat)
- 10 lbs Beef Lifter Meat, Boneless, Slice 2.5mm
- 12 1/2 lbs Mild Mexicana Salsa
- 1 3/4 lb Jumbo Yellow Onion
- 5 oz Garlic, Chopped In Oil
- 1 Roll Telera, 3 Ounce Slice, Thaw & Serve
- 2 oz Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 oz Jalapeno Pepper Whole
- 1 oz Lettuce, Shredded 1/4”, Fresh
- 2 oz Tomato, Extra Large
- 3 oz Refried Bean Mexicana
- 2 oz Cheese Cotlja
- For the beef: Heat oil in a pot and add julienne cut onions. Once the onions begin to sweat, add garlic & meat and cook until browned. Once the meat is browned add salsa and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Torta: Grill the Telera roll on a hot flat top. Once toasted spread Mayonnaise on bottom bun following place your meat on the roll. Now, in this order place the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese, jalapeños cut into strips on top of the meat. Last, spread refried beans on the top of Telera roll and cut the torta in half. Repeat process for more tortas.
No video selected.