Beef Tataki House Ponzu & Jade Pesto
Chef David Quick | Reinhart Knoxville
- 10 oz Beef Short Rib 5-6 Ounce Boneless, sliced
- 1/4 ea Onion Yellow Medium, use mandoline
- 1/8 oz Wasabi Microgreens
- 5 oz Maggi Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Spicy Maggi Seasoning
- 2 ea Orange Valencia Fancy Fresh, juiced
- 3 oz Juice Lime 100% Refrigerated
- 3 oz Kotteri Mirin Seasoning
- 1 oz Ginger Root Fresh, chopped small
- 1 lb Green Onion, charred on grill
- 1/2 ea Cilantro
- 2 oz Basil Fresh
- 3 oz Sesame Seed Whole Hulled White
- 1 oz Ginger Root Fresh, peeled and quartered
- 4 ea Garlic, Whole peeled
- 3 oz Vinegar Rice Wine Plain
- 4 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- House Made Ponzu Sauce: Combine maggi spices, orange, lime, ginger, mirin in container and mix to combine. Allow this mixture to sit at room temp for at least 3 hours or longer, if possible.
- Warm through boneless short ribs. Your desired temp should be close to 145° F. On large, thin skillet heat with 1 Tbsp sesame oil and throw sliced onion on, tossing very quickly and flaming. Pull off immediately and plate. Place sliced short rib over onions and pour over some of the house ponzu sauce. Drizzle over jade pesto and finally top with micro wasabi.
No video selected.