Beef & Maytag Blue Cheese Savory Hand Pie
Portion Cost: $3.30
Suggested Menu Price: $9.95
- 1/2 lb Angus ground chuck blend
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion for each (small, diced)
- 1 Tbsp Steak sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 oz Maytag blue cheese (crumbled)
- TT Salt
- TT Pepper
- 2 5" diameter Pie crust
- 1 Egg for each (lightly beaten)
- FILLING: Preheat a skillet over medium to high heat. Sauté beef, garlic and onion. Stir until browned. Add steak sauce and mustard, stir.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from stove and allow to cool. Once completely cooled, mix in blue cheese.
- ASSEMBLY: Place 2 pie crust disks on a floured surface. Spoon equal parts of filling on to crust. Brush edges with egg. Fold over to make a half moon shape. Pinch edges using a fork. Cut 2 vents. Place on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Brush tops with remaining egg.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: $5-$10
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2016
- Tags: Beef, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch