- 1/4 ea Parsley, Chopped
- 1/8 oz Porcini Mushroom, Dried
- 1/2 oz Almond Sliced, Blanched, Toasted
- 3 Tbsp Garlic, Whole, Peeled
- 1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 oz Jumbo Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 oz Crimini/ Shiitake/ Oyster Mushroom Blend
- 1/2 oz Panko Breadcrumb, Coarse
- 2 oz Italian Sausage, Mild
- 4 Tbsp Oil Olive, Divided
- 4 oz Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Chicken Base, Gourmet Paste
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 10 oz Ball Tip Steak, Choice
- Cut the beef into 3 - 3oz. Pieces and place them in between two pieces of plastic. Pound with a meat tenderizer until very thin. Set aside. In a medium hot saute pan, add 1/2 the blended oil. Add in the Italian sausage and cook until almost done. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until translucent - approximately 3 minutes.
- Add in the panko breadcrumbs, the toasted almonds, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Remove from the heat and stir. Place the mixture on top of each of the thin ball tips. Roll up tight and place a toothpick through to hold the crease together. In a hot saute pan add the rest of the blended oil. Sear the beef on all sides until golden brown and caramelized.
- In a sauce pot add 1 cup of water, the chicken stock and dried mushrooms, simmer for 15 minutes to extract the flavor of the mushrooms. Add in the tomato puree, garlic and crushed red pepper. Add the tomato mixture to the beef pan and cook at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Top with remaining parsley.