Ball Tip w/Purple Cauliflower & Apple Chutney
Chef Brian Funk | Reinhart Shawano
- 8 oz ball tip steak
- 1 head purple cauliflower
- 4 1/3 oz heavy cream
- 1 oz butter, salted
- ½ oz ancho chili seasoning
- ½ oz ground paprika, smoked
- ½ oz thyme, fresh
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 oz 5-spice blend Chinese seasoning
- 1 srv apple chutney (recipe below)
- 4 ea Red Delicious apples
- 10 ½ oz sugar beet, granulated extra fine
- ¾ oz raisins
- 1/3 oz ginger root, fresh
- 1/8 oz chili powder, dark
- 1/8 oz cumin seed, ground
- 1 ½ oz white vinegar, distilled
- Grill ball tip steak to temperature, then slice. Cut one head of purple cauliflower into pieces, and steam in microwave with water until cooked. Blend together butter, salt and pepper along with ancho chili and smoked paprika. Add thyme until smooth. Reserve.
- For apple chutney, chop apples and add to water with vinegar and chopped ginger. Sauté apples along with raisins for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Add chili pepper, chinese 5 spice, cumin and mix well. Cool down and reserve.
- Slice ball tip. Paint the purple cauliflower onto plate with brush. Add the sliced ball tip next to the purée. Top half ball tip with apple chutney.