Baked Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Asparagus
Chef Lou Rice, Division Executive Chef, Springfield, Mo.
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 c grated gruyere cheese
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 6 oz smoked salmon, divided into 4 servings
- 1 tbsp chives, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Bring a sauce pot of salted water to a boil. Trim off hard bottom parts of asparagus. Cut asparagus into bite size pieces, then blanch in boiling water until they start to get tender. Shock in a bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Butter four ramekin dishes. Crack eggs and place two eggs in each ramekin and season with salt and pepper. Add on shredded cheese to each egg. Divide blanched and chopped asparagus up among the four ramekins. Add on one tablespoon of heavy cream to each ramekin.
- Bake in oven for about 12 minutes. Remove ramekins from oven and top with smoked salmon. Garnish with minced chives. Serve with toast points.
No video selected.