Avocado Salmon Six Pepper BLT
with Basil Mayo
Turn a classic BLT and into something truly fantastic. On toasted soft French roll, layer sweet basil mayo, peppery bacon, creamy avocado and top with succulent salmon.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons regular grind black pepper
Six Pepper Bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon six pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
Avocado Salmon BLT
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets, 3 to 4 ounces, pin bones and skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon regular grind black pepper
- 4 toasted soft French rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- 8 slices fresh avocado
- 8 tomato slices
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt and pepper to food processor and pulse until fully mixed. Put basil mayo in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwiches.
Six Pepper Bacon:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine brown sugar, six pepper blend and cayenne in a shallow bowl. Dredge each strip of raw bacon until it is fully covered. Place bacon on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until bacon is brown. Cool for several minutes, then remove and place on a separate plate.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Sear the fillets in the hot pan until golden and cooked medium, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Allow salmon to rest while preparing the toppings.
- Slather the toasted French roll with a generous amount of the basil mayo. Place the lettuce on the bottom of the roll and top with salmon, followed by 2 bacon slices, 2 avocado slices and 2 tomato slices. Top the sandwich. Repeat to make remaining sandwiches.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood