Avocado Chicken Salsa
inspired by Avocados From Mexico®
This colorful dish is packed with flavor. Avocado, chicken, tomato, cucumber and onion are combined and flavored with lime juice, fresh cilantro, cumin and crushed red pepper to make a mouthwatering salsa, served in an avocado bowl. Serve as an appetizer with your favorite tortilla chips, as a small tapas dish, with beans and rice or top chicken breast with the avocado salsa; the possibilities are endless.
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen® salt, divided in half
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® cumin
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® canola/olive oil blend
- 1, 4 oz chicken breast
- 1 Good Roots Produce® fresh avocado, pitted and cubed
- 1 Good Roots Produce® fresh tomato, chopped
- ½ c Good Roots Produce® fresh cucumber, diced
- ¼ c Good Root Produce® red onion, diced
- ¼ c Good Roots Produce® cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® crushed red pepper
- 2 Good Roots Produce® fresh avocados, halved and pitted to be used as bowl
- In a small bowl, combine ½ teaspoon of salt, cumin and black pepper; rub on the chicken.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook, turning occasionally, until internal temperature of ≥165° F is reached, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cubed avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion, cilantro, lime juice, crushed red pepper and remaining ½ tsp of salt.
- Dice chicken and add to mixture in medium bowl.
- Place ½ avocado on plate and fill with avocado chicken salsa with remaining portion falling to the side of the avocado onto the plate.
- Serve with favorite tortilla chips.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer, Entree
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Appetizer, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican