Atlantic Salmon with Spring Vegetables and Pressed Juice
- 32 oz Salmon Filets
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- TT Salt & Pepper
- ½ C Asparagus, tips only, blanched
- ¼ C Peas, blanched
- ¼ C Italian Parsley
- 1 tsp Cornstarch or Arrowroot
- ¼ C Fish Stock
- ¾ C Freshly Pressed Green Juice (made with celery, cucumber, parsley, and kale)
- 2 Tbsp Micro Wasabi Arugula (or any microgreens)
- Cut salmon filets into four equal portions; rub each with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet or cast-iron pan. When hot, put in salmon, skin side up. Heat for three minutes. Using a metal fish spatula, flip each filet and cook for two more minutes or until skin is crisped. Remove from pan and reserve oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine asparagus tips, peas, and Italian parsley. Toss with remaining oil in fish pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir cornstarch into fish stock. Combine this mixture with green juice. Heat liquid, quickly bringing it to a boil (the longer you cook this, the more the color will fade); you just want to thicken the sauce slightly.
- To serve, drizzle green sauce on four plates. Top each with a salmon filet. Arrange equal parts of the green vegetable mixture on each filet. Garnish with micro wasabi arugula and serve.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood