Arborio Rice Pudding
- 3/4 C Roland® Arborio Rice
- 1-1/2 C Water
- 1/4 tsp Roland® Fine Sea Salt
- 4 C Half and Half
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Seeds from 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 C Roland® Amarena Cherries, Sliced in Half
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Combine rice, water and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn down heat & simmer with lid on for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Stir in 3-1/2 cups of half and half and sugar. Simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes or until rice is soft and fully cooked. Stir often so the bottom does not burn.
- Whisk the egg, vanilla bean paste, and remaining 1/2 cup of half and half in a bowl and slowly pour into the rice mixture while stirring constantly. Cook for another minute and remove from the heat.
- Add in the Amarena Cherries and butter. Stir so that they are combined well. Cool and stir well before serving. The rice pudding will thicken once it is cooled.