“Quindim is the result of the adaptations made in Brazil of many desserts from Portugal, which is where our sweets come from. The toucinho do céu is the closest you will come to quindim in Portugal, but it has almonds, for example, which we have replaced with our own coconut here."
- 600g of pasteurized egg yolks
- 200g of freshly grated coconut
- 8 whole eggs
- 900g of sugar
- 200g of butter (room temperature)
- Grease a pudding pan with butter and sprinkle it with crystal sugar.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients and pour into the greased pan.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Bake in a water bath at 338°F until firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down a bit on a rack. Place a plate over the baking pan and invert the warm custard on a plate (It is very important not to unmold the custard hot, because it will break, or cold, because it will not leave the pan easily).