Polynesian Barbecue Short Ribs
w/Lime Papaya Slaw
Chef David Cunningham | Reinhart Valdosta
- 4 oz Prairie Creek all-natural fully cooked beef chuck short ribs
- 4 oz lime papaya slaw (link below)
- 2 oz Polynesian barbecue sauce (link below)
- Purée limes, sugar, scallion whites and vinegar in blender. Slowly drizzle in oil to emulsify. Finish with salt and pepper.
- Toss shredded cabbage, carrots, pineapple, mango, papaya and scallion green, making sure vegetables and fruit are evenly coated with dressing. Allow to sit for at least an hour before service.
- To serve, dip short rib in barbecue sauce to coat. When hot, remove from oven and sauce again. Place 4 ozs of the lime papaya slaw on a plate. Place hot short ribs on top of the slaw. Garnish with green onion, white cut on a bias, and toasted white sesame seed.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 6 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2018
- Tags: Beef, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch