Grilled Spring Leeks w/Romesco
- 1 Ea Leek, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/8 oz Onion Green Scallion
- 1/4 oz Onion Yellow Jumbo
- 2 oz Tomato Roma
- 2 oz Pepper Red Whole, Roasted
- 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar Red Wine
- 1/2 tsp Paprika Ground
- 1/8 oz Almond Sliced Blanched Raw, toasted
- 1/8 tsp Pepper Red Crushed
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Whole Peeled
- 1 Ea Baguette French Demi Partial Baked
- 2 Ea Egg, Poached
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tomatoes, onion and garlic on a sheet pan and roast for approximately 15 minutes. Place the ingredients into a food processor. Blend with the vinegar, paprika and crushed red pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oil to emulsify. Add the almonds and 1/8 of the bread and blend well. Cut the rest of the baguette on a bias and grill. Poach the eggs. Meanwhile grill the leeks and green onions.
- Place the romesco sauce on a platter and top with the green onions and leeks. Top with a poached egg and serve with grilled crostinis.