Grilled Romaine Salad
Ted Terio | Sales Consultant, Reinhart Shawano Division
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 heads Romaine cut in half lengthwise
- ½ loaf French baguette
- Caesar dressing, as needed
- 1 tsp bonito flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Once you have finished cooking your proteins, clean off grill grates. Temperature should be medium low. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil on Romaine, making sure to do both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Do the same process for baguette, but also rub garlic on it.
- Place baguette on grill and toast both sides, roughly two minutes to three minutes each side. Place Romaine on grill and lightly mark each side. Remove both from grill. Chop Romaine and place in serving bowl, drizzle with Caesar dressing and truffle oil, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bonito flakes. Cut baguette on the diagonal, making half inch slices and serve with salad.