Fried Pork Belly, Fennel, Orange & Peanut Salad
- 6 oz Pork Belly Skinless, #53054
- 1 Ea Fennel Anise Fresh, #G1186
- 4 oz Orange Navel, #13758
- 3 oz Peanut Salted In Shell, #E9082
- 1/2 oz Vinegar White Balsamic, #K4398
- 1/2 oz Extra Virgin Oil Olive, In Tin, #23159
- 1/8 oz Salt Kosher, #70268
- 1/8 oz Crushed Red Pepper, #24018
- Cut belly into 4 pieces – sear in hot pan on both sides and reserve. Braise in oven with pork stock for 2.5 - 3 hours and reserve. Cut the fennel in half and roast the one half in 350°F oven for 1 hour brushing with oil. Segment the orange and reserve the juice. Once cooled, cut the belly into large square pieces and fry in fryer for 6 minutes.
- Take the reserved fennel and shave thin (place in center of plate). Spoon reserved orange juice over the sliced fennel and season with salt and pepper. Cut the cooked fennel into four and place in bowl; add the orange segments, the belly and the oil and vinegar. Place over the shaved fennel, garnish with deep fried peanuts in the shell.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 6 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2018
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Pork