Creamed Corn w/Cornish Game Hen
- 16 oz Guinea Hen
- 3 oz Corn, Flame Roasted, Frozen
- 1 tsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1 tsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 oz Pearl Onion, Halved
- 1 Tbsp Salt, Coarse, Kosher, Divided
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, Coarse
- 4 oz Heavy Cream, 36% Whipping
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, Whole Peeled, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Oil Olive
- 4 Ea Celery Stalk, Leaves only
- Cut the Guinea hen in half and remove the spine. Season the hen liberally with 1/2 the salt and the Italian seasoning. In a heavy bottomed sauté pan or cast iron, add the oil. Once hot add the hen, skin side down. After about 3 minutes, turn over and place the onions in the pan. Cook in a 375°F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- In a separate sauté pan, place the butter over medium heat. Once melted add the garlic and flour and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cream and let it come to a simmer. Add the corn. Once the corn has come up to temperature, remove 1/2 the corn and pulse in a food processor. Add the creamed corn back into the original corn mixture and cook until it comes together. Serve the chicken on top of the corn mixture and garnish with the pearl onions and celery leaves.