Chef Justin VanHorn, La Crosse Meat Department
- 8 oz Flank Steak 16 Ounce Boneless Choice
- 4 oz Mashed Potato, Redskin, Roasted w/Garlic
- 2 oz Wholly Guacamole Classic Pouch
- 2 oz Chimichurri Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ancho Chile Pepper Spice, Powder Dry
- 1 tsp Guajillo Chile Spice, Dried Powder Dry
- 1/8 oz Chipotle Seasoning Powder
- 1/8 oz Black Pepper
- 1/8 oz Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder, Dutch Brown
- 1/4 oz Ground Coriander
- 4 oz Brown Sugar, Light
- 1/8 oz Cloves, Ground
- Mix all seasonings in a bowl to prepare a rub, and season flank steak. Place the flank steak on a hot grill and prepare to medium rare and set to the side to rest. Combine mashed potatoes and guacamole, place in the center of the plate. After letting the flank steak rest for roughly 10-15 minutes against the grain in strips. Place the sliced flank steak on top of the mashed potatoes and top with Chimichurri sauce, and serve with elote com on the cob.
No video selected.