Bourbon Molasses-Braised Pork Belly
w/ Crispy Fried Oysters, Green Tomato Jam & Mustard Glaze
Chef David Cunningham | Reinhart Valdosta
- 4 ½ oz braised pork belly
- 3 ea fried oysters
- 3 tsp green tomato jam
- ½ oz mustard glaze
- Cut pork belly into even 1 ½ oz cubes. Heat fryer oil to 350 F in a small sauce pot (or use deep fryer). Heat a minimal amount of oil in sauté pan and sear pork belly in a large skillet until crisp on the outside. Once crisp, add about 2 cups of the reserved braising liquid to the skillet and allow pieces of pork belly to reduce to glaze.
- Drizzle plates with mustard glaze. Place pieces of seared and glazed pork belly on top of the mustard glaze. Top each piece of belly with a dollop of green tomato jam. Lightly bread ea oyster and quickly fry until golden brown. Place one on top of ea pork belly. Garnish with thinly cut green onions.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 6 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2018
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Pork