Beef and Mushroom Blended Burger with Grilled Barbecue Apples
Yvette Marie Hirang | Sales Consultant, Reinhart Kansas City Division
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 lbs button mushrooms, pulsed in food processor until coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 green apples
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- Sauté mushrooms with two tablespoons oil until soft, around five minutes. Let cool.
- Combine ground beef, mushrooms, onion powder, chives, salt and pepper. Form into patties.
- Slice green apples into 1/8” discs. Marinate in barbecue sauce for two hours, then grill.
- Assemble sandwich with: Kaiser bun, leaf lettuce, onion straws.