Baba Ghanoush w/Halloumi & Pomegranate
- 2 Ea Eggplants
- ½ C tahini
- ¼ C Peeled Garlic, roasted until soft
- ¼ C Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ C pomegranate molasses
- 8 oz Halloumi cheese, cut into 8 strips
- Prick each eggplant with a fork in multiple areas. Place over an open flame or a grill and char the skins completely (approximately 10 to 15 minutes). Transfer both to a baking sheet and put in a hot oven until soft (another 10-15 minutes).
- Cool eggplants and then scrape the soft flesh into a food processor. Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, one teaspoon of salt, and cayenne. Blend until chunky, but somewhat smooth. Set aside. Place halloumi strips on a hot grill pan and cook until both sides are crisp and brown.
- Scoop dip into a wide bowl and top with halloumi strips. Drizzle pomegranate syrup around the outer edge of the dip and garnish with pomegranate seeds, mint, lemon, and parsley. Serve with toasted pita or sesame crackers.