Applewood Smoked Rack of Lamb
Chef Jermaine Little, Category Manager, Milwaukee region
- 2 Legacy 72® by Eagle Ridge eight boned French racks of lamb
- 1 tbsp Villa Frizzoni® extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Culinary Secrets® honey
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp Good Roots® fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 c water
- Combine ingredients for marinade. Trim any meat from bones if the racks weren’t already “Frenched” and remove membrane. Place lamb in container, cover with marinade, place in refrigerator and allow to fully marinade overnight.
- The next day, preheat smoker to 225 F with applewood. Remove lamb from marinade by rinsing under cold water. Pat dry and spray or brush with a light coating of oil. Smoke for about an hour or until an internal temperature of 135 F is reached for medium rare (less time for rare or more time for well done).
- Remove from smoker and allow to rest. Slice the rack and serve with your favorite springtime side dish.