March 12, 2020
Use these sites to gain a better understanding of COVID-19, its impact, and best practices for your operation.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Restaurant Association
World Health Organization
Small Business Administration
Managing Potential Risks with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Reinhart Foodservice is actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it continues to evolve in the United States and globally. We are modifying our plans as this situation changes and as more information becomes available. We’ve implemented precautionary measures based on the best information available, best practices, and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or other government agencies.
Our corporate leadership team is regularly engaging with field leadership across the country to hear firsthand concerns and questions from our associates, customers and other valued partners to help us make the best decisions for all our important stakeholders. We want you to know that we remain committed to supporting our customers and ensuring that Reinhart Foodservice continues to provide you with the food products and service that you have come to expect from us.
Reinhart Foodservice is taking multiple precautionary actions to protect our workplaces and our associates. This includes enhancing our cleaning efforts and putting emphasis on disinfecting and sanitizing hard surfaces. To encourage and enable our associates to support these efforts, we have also made items like alcohol-based hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes more accessible. And, we are continuing to communicate the importance of following CDC recommendations, especially frequent hand washing.
Based on information available today, we have also implemented several restrictions to limit exposure:
- Eliminated all international business travel and all non-essential travel and are evaluating all domestic travel
- Asked associates who traveled to a Level 2 or 3 country to work from home for a 14-day period
- Requested associates returning from a cruise self-quarantine and not return to work for 14 days
- Reduced the number of outside visitors and meetings at our facilities and are encouraging the use of teleconferences and online meetings
- Cancelled participation in multiple trade events and other meetings and are continuing to review future events
- Testing and refining remote work processes, where possible, across our businesses
- Working with our supply chain partners to continue to source adequate inventory to serve our customers
Addressing Needs Locally
We are using our strong relationships and understanding of the markets we serve, our suppliers, and our customers, to apply Reinhart enterprise-wide precautionary measures, and implement the requirements in the best way to be effective and minimize impact for our associates and our customers.
At this time, we continue to be able to source adequate products for our customers. Like the rest of the country, we are seeing limited supply for certain sanitizers and related products. We’re actively engaging with those vendors, and they are working diligently to produce product for the sudden increased demand.
Our plan is to keep you informed and communicate any significant changes as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience as we all navigate this dynamic situation.