Jalapeno Blackberry Cobbler----- INGREDIENTS -----
For the Filling:
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 cups Blackberries
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 5 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 ea. Jalapenos, seeds removed, minced
For the Biscuit Dough:
- 1 ½ cups AP Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar, plus some for sprinkling
- 3 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4# Cold Butter, cubed
- 1 ea. egg
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In heavy bottom saucepan, combine filling ingredients over medium heat until butter is melted and reaches a sauce-like consistency, about 7 minutes. Transfer to 2-inch half hotel pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder. With your hands, work the butter into the flour until it reaches coarse, mealy consistency. Whisk in the egg and buttermilk into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon biscuit dough onto the fruit filling and bake for 25-30 minutes. Once removed from the oven, allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.