Country Fried Foie Gras with Carrot and Ginger Puree and Pickled Blueberries----- INGREDIENTS -----
For the Foie Gras
- 4 oz. Foie Gras
- 2 ea. Eggs, beaten into egg wash, seasoned
- ½ cup Flour, seasoned
For the Puree
- 2 ea. Carrots, chopped
- ½ pint Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, chopped
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
For the blueberries
- ½ pint Blueberries
- ½ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Allspice
For the Foie Gras:
- Batter Foie Gras using the chicken fry method by covering the Foie in flour, then egg wash, then flour and fry at 350 degrees until golden brown. Let sit on paper towel for a minute.
For the Puree:
- Cook carrots and Ginger in chicken stock until tender. Strain and save liquid.
- Blend carrots in a food processor, adding a little cooking liquid at a time. Add Heavy Cream and season to taste.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to obtain a velvet consistency.
For the Blueberries:
- Bring sugar, vinegar, nutmeg, and allspice to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour hot liquid over blueberries and let sit and cool.
For the Plate Up:
- Place a good amount of the carrot puree on the plate, the place the Foie Gras next to and not on the puree so it won’t get soggy. Place blueberries next to the Foie Gras.
- Restaurant Name: Damascus Old Mill
- Division: Johnson City
- Category: Appetizers