Roasted Garlic Chorizo Pretzel Burger----- INGREDIENTS -----
- 1 lb. Ground Chorizo
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 10 ea. Cloves Garlic, roasted and chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. Northwoods Steak Seasoning
- 2 ea. Red Onions, sliced
- 1 cup Water, warm
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Flour, for dusting
- 1 Gallon Katy's Kitchen Mayo
- 1 can Chipotle in Adobo
- Pretzel Bun
- Pepper Jack Cheese
For the Burger Patty:
- Mix ground beef, ground chorizo, garlic and seasoning in large bowl.
- Divide into 8 oz. portions and shape into patties.
For the Crispy Pickled Onions:
- Mix warm water, vinegar, sugar and salt in container until sugar dissolves.
- Add sliced onions and let pickle for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Pat onions to almost dry and toss in flour.
- Fry in oil at 350 degrees until golden brown.
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- Blend mayo and chipotle peppers in food processor until smooth.
- Cook burger to desired doneness.
- Toast pretzel bun on flat top.
- Layer chipotle mayo, burger, pepper jack cheese, guacamole, crispy onions and greens on bun and serve.