Shishito Peppers Truffle Salt/Mirin Butter
Chef Paul young | Reinhart Corporate
- 5 oz Pepper Chili Shishito Fresh
- 1/8 oz Oil Truffle White D'allensandro
- 1 oz Salt Coarse Kosher
- 2 oz Mirin, Dry
- 8 oz Butter Solid, Unsalted
- 1/2 oz Extra Virgin Oil Olive
- Mix the salt with the truffle oil and spread on half sheet pan for 12 hours in oven that is off but has a pilot light on.
- Mix the mirin with the butter and whip until soft and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and blister the peppers on both sides.
- Place in bowl and drizzle 2 pinches of the salt. Take two spoons with the butter make a quenelle and place in center.
- Garnish with nori paper flakes.