Prime Rib Sandwich
Chef Greg Reiter | Reinhart Knoxville • Johnson City
- 24 oz Prime Rib Beef Whole, Marinated Refrigerated
- 8 oz Onion Yellow Medium, Julienne
- 8 ea Provolone Cheese slices
- 2 oz Arugula Wild Fresh
- 1 ea Baguette French Partial Baked 10.5 oz, cut twice to make 4
- 4 Tbsp Butter Solid, Unsalted, Sweet Cream
- 1 /2 C Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Garlic Pesto Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Oil Olive
- 1 Tbsp Salt Coarse, Kosher
- 1 Tbsp Pepper Black, Coarse
- Slice prime rib very thin, place for 1–2 minutes in simmering sauce pan of au jus made from juices in bag. In hot saute pan place EVOO, then onions and season with Kosher salt. Saute 4-5 minutes until well caramelized.
- Place baguette in 350° F oven and heat 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven and portion into 4 equal loaves. Split portion loafs open, leaving hinged. Mix black pepper and roasted garlic in with mayo, spread on both sides of baguette. Stuff two slices of provolone cheese in bread making a pocket. Fill with thin sliced prime rib and caramelized onions. Top with arugula.