Prairie Creek® Pork Tenderloin al Pastor
Chef Greg Reiter | Reinhart Knoxville • Johnson city
- 2 1/2 lbs Pork Tenderloin, All Natural
- 2 ea Onion Yellow Medium, peeled & sliced
- 2 C Pineapple Chunk In Juice Import
- 1 1/4 lbs Potato Sweet Fingerlings, Roasted
- 1 Tbsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 1/2 C Cilantro, Fresh
- 2 Tbsp Adobo Sauce
- 1/8 oz Chipotle Pepper Chipotle In Adobo Sauce, 3 each
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Chopped in Water
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder Light
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon Ground Korintje
- 1 C Pinapple Juice leftover from chunks
- To make the marinade, place chipotle, adobo sauce, chopped garlic, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and pineapple juice in a
- Next, clean pork tenderloins (remove/peel silver skin). Place in 1/2 pan and cover with marinade and rub, working the marinade into the loins. Place in refrigerator covered. Let stand for 2-3 hours, do NOT marinate over night.
- Then, slice onions 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick and grill till tender. Hold warm, rough cut when plating. Place sweet potato fingerlings on 1/2 sheet tray along with pineapple chunks. Sprinkle with kosher salt roast in convection oven 350° F for 20–25 mins. Remove pork tenderloin from refrigerator and let stand room temp for 15-20 mins. Shake off excess marinade and place on hot chargrill.
- Grill until internal temp reaches 145° F (rotating as needed). Pull from grill and let rest 2–3 mins to allow for carryover cooking and juices to set.
- Finally, slice pork 1/4 inch thick on bias and serve topped with grilled onions and cilantro. Serve with roasted sweet potato fingerlings and pineapple on side.