w/Braised Red Cabbage & Roasted Peach Salsa
Chef Paul Young
- 6 oz lamb rack, frenched
- 1/4 oz rosemary, fresh
- 1 1/2 oz garlic, whole peeled
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz kosher salt
- 1/8 oz black pepper, coarse
- 4 oz Peach, Sliced, Frozen
- 3 oz Onion Red Jumbo
- 16 oz Red Cabbage Whole
- 8 oz Orange Juice
- 4 oz Vinegar Cider Apple
- Clean up the lamb rack and cut into chops, approx. 3-4. Pat dry and reserve.
- Crush the garlic and chop the rosemary. Combine 3/4 of these product into 1 1/2 ounces of olive oil. Rub the chops with this marinade and generously apply the salt and pepper.
- Thaw the peaches and char them quickly on a grill. Chop the red onion and add the remaining rosemary and garlic to the mixture. Add the chopped peaches and drizzle 3 teaspoons of olive oil to mixture and season with salt and pepper. You now have the salsa.
- Core the red cabbage , cut into 4. With those four pieces thinly slice the cabbage and place in large 24-inch saute pan. On low flame pan braise the cabbage with the orange juice and vinegar, about 8-10 minutes.
- On a very hot grill sear off the marinated lamb chops until cooked to liking.
- Place the braised cabbage in center of the plate, display the chops on top and finish with the salsa.