Venison and Blueberry Sausage
Recipe by Chef Lee Sepaniac, Gourmet Food Group
This meal has a gourmet spin on it with rich venison meat blended with subtle blueberry flavors on a bed of chewy quinoa, cauiflower and butternut squash.
- 9 oz Venison and Blueberry Sausage
- 1 oz Venison Demi Glace
- 2 oz Butter
- 4 oz Butternut Squash, medium dice
- 4 oz Cauliflower
- 1/2 oz Sage, fresh picked
- 3 oz Tri-Color Quinoa
- 6 oz Chicken Stock
- TT Salt and Pepper
- Grill Venison Sausages on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes. Mix venison demi glace with 1 oz of water and whisk, reduce by 1/4 and reserve for plating. Pan roast butternut squash and cauliflower separately, each in 1 oz. of butter, allowing them to brown slightly.
- Deep fry sage in 300-degree oil and then drain onto paper. Once cool, use to garnish the roasted vegetables. Bring chicken stock to a boil, add quinoa and S/P, then reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 4 • FALL 2016
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch