Fried Chicken W/White BBQ Sauce & Pesto Potatoes
CHEF PAUL YOUNG | Reinhart® Milwaukee Division
Portion Cost: $3.48
Suggested Menu Price: $13.25
- 10 oz Chicken 8-piece cut
- 16 oz 1% buttermilk
- 10 oz All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 oz Kosher salt, divided
- Soak the chicken for at least 1 hour in the buttermilk with 1/2 Tbsp of kosher salt.
- In a separate bowl, add together the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, baking powder and remaining salt and mix well with a dry whisk. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off the excess, then dredge into the flour (you may repeat the process for a thicker crust).
- Deep fry at 350 degrees for about 10 -‐14 minutes or until an internal temperature of 365 degrees is reached. Serve the chicken over the pesto potatoes, and finish the dish with a ladle of the white BBQ sauce.
PESTO ROASTED POTATOES
- 4 oz Red potato, diced
- 1/4 oz Green medium bell pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Pesto basil sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Boil the potatoes until al dente, then drain. On a sheet tray, drizzle the potatoes with the oil, salt and pepper and place into 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Toss in the pesto and serve.
WHITE BBQ SAUCE
- 16 oz Mayonnaise extra heavy
- 2 tsp Horseradish
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp White wine champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic fresh, minced
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: $11-$20
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2016
- Tags: Chicken, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch