Down South Eggs Benedict
CHEF DEMETRIO MARQUEZ | Reinhart® New Orleans Division
Portion Cost: $3.08
Suggested Menu Price: $9.99
- 1 each Southern style buttermilk biscuit dough
- 2 each Home-style chicken tenderloin fritters (ready-to-cook frozen)
- 2 each Eggs
- TT Vegetable oil
- TT Salt and pepper
- 3 oz. Old fashioned-Texas gravy biscuit mix
- 3 oz. Country style sausage pork patty
- Chopped chives to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the biscuits until golden brown, then set aside after done.
- Country Sausage Gravy: Cook sausage until done. After cooled, crumble the sausage patties then set aside. Make the country gravy as directed according to gravy biscuit mix. Add crumbled sausage to country gravy.
- Country Fried Fritter: In a fryer at 350°F, cook fritters until done, then set aside.
- Fried eggs: In a mid-‐high temperature heated skillet, add a little vegetable oil, then add eggs and fry to desired temperature. Add salt and pepper.
- On a plate, split the biscuit into two halves, then topped with country fried fritter, fried eggs. Finish with cream country gravy. Garnish with chopped chives.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Breakfast
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2016
- Tags: Breakfast