Seared Scallop with Carrot Ginger Sauce
Food Cost: $4.67
Suggested Menu Price: $13.95
- 4 oz Sea Scallop Dry, 10-20 Raw
- Whole Shucked, Wild Caught
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil Olive
- 1/8 oz Petite Microgreens, Pea Green
CARROT GINGER SAUCE
- 8 oz Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs Gourmet Chicken Base Paste
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 6 oz Butter Unsalted, refrigerated & diced
- 2 tsp Salt
- Place the scallops on clean paper towels to ensure they are as dry as possible. This will help create a great sear on the scallop. In a hot sauté pan, add the oil. Season the scallops liberally with kosher salt.
- Place into the hot pan and sear for approximately 2 minutes per side or until they are golden brown.
- Scallops should be medium-rare to medium. Plate over the carrot and ginger sauce. Garnish with the micro-greens.