Wasabi Tuna Burger
Up & Coming
Food Cost: $4.21
Suggested Menu Price: $12.99
- 6 oz Tuna, Ahi Red Steak
- 1/4 tsp Ginger, Ground
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion Scallion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp Wasabi Powder
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise Extra Heavy
- 1 oz Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 1/8 English Cucumber Seedless, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp Extra Fine Sugar
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt, Kosher
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce, Lite Reduced Sodium
- 1 Each 4" Kaiser Roll
- 1/4 oz Oil Olive
- In a small bowl whisk together the sugar, salt, vinegar and crushed red pepper. Add in the sliced cucumber and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 min.
- For the wasabi mayo: Whisk the wasabi powder, mayonnaise and 1 tsp. of water together and refrigerate.
- For the Tuna Burger: Cut the tuna into a small dice. In a bowl toss the tuna with the ground ginger and scallions. Shape into a patty. In a hot sauté pan add the oil. Sear the tuna patty and add half the amount of soy sauce. Cook for approximately 1 1/2 minutes. Flip the burger over and continue cooking for another 1 1/2 minutes. While cooking add the other 1/2 of the soy sauce to the burger.
- Assembly: Add the shredded romaine to the bottom bun and top with the cooked tuna patty. Top off with the spicy cucumber mixture and top with the bun. Serve the wasabi mayo on the side.