Pollo Mexicana Pizza
Chef Demetrio Marquez • Reinhart® New Orleans Division
Pizza Cost: $4.50
Suggested Menu Price: $12.99
- 3 Chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 C Salsa
- Pre-made Pizza dough or flatbread
- 1 1/2 C Black beans puree (fresh or can opt)
- 1/2 C Queso fresco
- 1/2 C Oaxaca cheese (similar to Mozzarella)
- To Taste (TT) Shredded lettuce
- TT Guacamole
- Add the chicken thighs, cumin, coriander, paprika, chili flakes, cayenne and salsa in a slow cooker. Cover with the lid and turn heat to high and let cook for 5-6 hours until the chicken is easily shredded. Shred the chicken with two forks and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place dough or flatbread on a baking sheet. Evenly spread some of the puréed black beans on top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until the bread is slightly crisp.