De-constructed New England Clam Chowder Pizza
Chef Jeff Merry • Reinhart® Boston Division
Pizza Cost: $4.50
Suggested Menu Price: $14.95
- 8 oz Whole baby clams
- 2 oz Diced celery
- 2 oz Diced onion
- 1/2 Russet potato, thin sliced
- 4 oz Pork belly, diced and pan fried
- 8 oz Cream sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 14 oz Pizza dough ball
- 8 oz Ocean clam juice
- 2 oz Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp White wine
- 5 Tbsp Blonde roux
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Saute celery, onion and clams. Drain any liquid.
- Place stretched dough on nonstick baking sheet or pizza stone. Take 4 oz of cream sauce and spread evenly over crust. Take sliced potato and cover crust. Overlapping slices. Evenly spread clam and vegetable mixture over pie.
- Top with remaining cream sauce and place in oven.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, remove and top with pork belly. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes. Remove and slice.
- Servings: 6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: Under $5
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 3 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2015
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Pork, Seafood