- 1 lb Yellow Squash
- 1 lb Zucchini Squash
- 1 lb Yellow Onion, Jumbo, Sliced thin
- 3 oz Sweet Cream Butter, Unsalted
- 3 oz Jumbo Tomato, Diced
- 1 oz Garlic, chopped
- 2 oz Corn, Whole Kernel
- 2 oz Black Bean, Unseasoned
- 1 oz Jalapeño (seeded & sliced)
- 1/8 oz Cilantro
- 1 lb Chihuahua Cheese, Shredded
- 4 Ea Egg
- 2 oz All Purpose Flour
- 1 oz Salt, Table Iodized
- 1 oz Pepper Black
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then clean and slice squash and zucchini in the bias and set aside. Heat in a large skillet and add 1 oz butter until melted, then add squash and zucchini, and saute until soft and browned, then place in mixing bowl, and set aside. In the same heated skillet, add 1 oz butter, then add thinly sliced onions, cooked until browned, then add cooked Black Beans, corn kernels, diced roma tomatoes, chopped garlic, and jalapeño peppers. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Afterwards, add to the resting bowl of squash and zucchini, then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add eggs, flour and beat well. Then add shredded cheese to mixture and fold. Pour the mixture into the sauteed vegetable, gently fold, season with salt and pepper. Grease with butter, 12" square oven-proof pan, then pour mixture and cook for 30 minutes, or until firm to touch and browned. When done, let rest for 10 minutes, before slicing.
- Garnish with sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro and fried corn tortilla chips.