Roasted Fennel w-Beet Puree
- 6 oz. roasted baby red beets
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium fennel
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 watermelon radishes, sliced
- 3 oz. raspberries
- Puree beets with honey, ginger, and salt. Strain and reserve liquid.
- Slice fennel bottom into two round with flat tops. Rub with olive oil and either roast or cook in a cast iron skillet until tender.
- Place each piece of fennel in a flat-bottomed bowl. Decoratively top with raspberries and watermelon radish slices. Garnish with lacy fennel fronds.
- Pour half of beet juice around base of fennel tableside for dramatic presentation.