Coconut Calamari with Horsey Marmalade
Chef Lee Sepaniac | Culinary Specialist, Gourmet Food Group
- 6 oz. Buttermilk
- 8 oz. Calamari
- 1/2 cup Masa
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 4 oz. Orange Marmalade
- 1 oz. Pickled Horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, Chopped
- Soak the cut Calamari rings and tentacles in the buttermilk for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Mix together the masa and coconut, then dredge the drained calamari in this coating.
- Fry the breaded calamari at 375 for 5-6 minutes, until just cooked, then drain all excess oil.
- Mix together the Orange Marmalade and Pickled Horseradish.
- Plate and finish with the sauce on the side and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.