Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbsp. SilverBrook butter, 73400
- 2 minced Markon garlic cloves, 78470
- 1 C. chopped Markon onion, 78228
- 1 C. chopped Markon celery, B7296
- 1 C. Bountiful Harvest sliced carrots, 61156
- 58 oz. Culinary Secrets chicken base, reconstituted, 12208
- 14.5 oz. Katy’s Kitchen vegetable base, reconstituted, 28138
- 1/2 pound fully cooked SilverBrook diced chicken, 61988
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets dried basil, 10510
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets dried oregano, 24102
- Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984 and Culinary Secrets pepper, 24108 to taste
- dash or two of Culinary Secrets poultry seasoning, 22650
- pinch or two of Culinary Secrets dried thyme, 31720
- 3 C. Villa Frizzoni egg noodles, 25486
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. In melted butter, sauté garlic cloves, onion, celery, and carrots, until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, the broth, basil, oregano, salt, garlic, pepper, poultry seasoning, and thyme to the pot of veggies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions in a separate pot. Add drained noodles to chicken and veggies, simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Chicken Lentil Soup
Yield: 10 gallons
Serving Size: 8 oz.
- 10 lbs. Green and yellow lentils, mixture
- 5 lbs. SilverBrook® 1/2" Diced, Natural Proportion, White/Dark, 60/40 Boneless Chicken, RFS Item # 61978
- 2 lbs. Prairie Creek Packing™ Bacon slices, diced, RFS Item # 44244
- 2 lbs. Markon® Onions, finely diced, RFS Item # 77112
- 1 lb. Markon Red peppers, medium diced, RFS Item # 19350
- 1 lb. Markon Yellow pepper, medium diced
- 1/2 c. Culinary Secrets® Thyme, RFS Item # 31720
- 1/2 c. Culinary Secrets Oregano, RFS Item #24374
- 2 c. Markon Parsley, RFS Item # 78172
- 2 c. Laurent du Clos Red wine vinegar, RFS Item # K5298
- 1 lb. Katy’s Kitchen™ Chicken Base, RFS Item # 22342
- 7 gal. Water
- 2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Cayenne pepper, RFS Item #10508
- 1 cup Markon Chopped parsley, RFS Item # 78172
- Soak lentils overnight.
- Sauté chicken and sauté bacon until done. Add onions, red peppers, yellow pepper, lentils and herbs.
- Deglaze with half of the vinegar.
- Dissolve Chicken Base in water; add to lentils and simmer 40 minutes. Reserve half the lentils for the garnish.
- Purée half the lentils and stock in blender. Add cayenne, parsley and remaining lentils as garnish.
Spicy Chorizo Chili
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 lb. Villa Frizzoni Beef Pizza Topping, thawed RFS Item 53050
- 1 lb. Villa Frizzoni Pork Pizza Topping w/ Chorizo Seasonings, thawed RFS Item E6062
- 56 oz Tomatoes, canned, diced, do not drain
- 48 oz. Tomato juice
- 32 oz. Dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, red, chopped
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Garlic, minced RFS Item 25116
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Oregano, flaked RFS Item 24618
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets cayenne pepper RFS Item 10508
- 1 lb CobbleStone Market Monterey Jack cheese, shredded RFS Item70122
- 2-4 Lime slices
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Add water if chili becomes too thick.
- Garnish with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and lime wedges.
Wild Mushroom Beef Stew
- 2 lb. beef for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Dried Thyme Leaves, crushed, RFS Item 24434
- 3/4 c. ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/4 c. Bountiful Harvest 24% Fancy Tomato Paste, RFS Item 12054
- 1/4 c. dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. red-skinned potatoes(1 1/2-inch diameter), cut into quarters
- 8 oz. assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, and oyster, cut into quarters)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in small bowl. Place beef in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Add to beef. Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots; mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender. Stir well before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired, before serving.
Recipe and Photo from National Cattlemen's Beef Association
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- 3 cups Markon Ready Set Serve 1/4" Diced Yellow Onion, RFS Item 79828
- 3 cups Markon Ready Set Serve 1/4" Diced Celery, RFS Item 78318
- 1-#10 can Bountiful Harvest Fancy Diced Tomatoes in Juice, RFS Item 12078
- 1-#10 can roasted red peppers, including liquid
- 4 Tbsp. Culinary Secrets Gourmet Chicken Base Paste,
- No Added MSG - RFS Item 25124
- 1 Tbsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Basil, RFS Item 10510
- 2-3 cups water (or milk)
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray (recommended: EverLight Gold - RFS Item 14708). Add onions and celery, saute until tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and their juice. Puree mixture in a food processor and return to saucepan.
- Puree roasted red peppers with their liquid and add to saucepan.
- Add chicken base and basil.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add water (or milk for a creamy soup) to desired consistency. Serve hot or cold. Optional garnish: sour cream and fresh basil leaves. Soup may be made a day or two ahead to improve flavor.
Previous Page | Next Page