Makes 10 Servings
Cinnamon Dusted Pecans:
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 oz butter OR margarine
- 6 oz whole pecans
- 2/3 C frozen raspberries
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/2 C Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp Culinary Secrets Ground Mustard Seed
- 1 cup oil
- 1-1/2 tsp Culinary Secrets Freeze Dried Chives
- 5 oz salad greens
- 5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
Cinnamon Dusted Pecans:
Combine sugar and Culinary Secrets® Ground Cinnamon and set aside. Melt butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add pecans and stir constantly until pecans are lightly toasted about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately add cinnamon sugar mixture. Stir well to mix. Transfer pecans to parchment paper and cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Combine raspberries, water, vinegar, Karo Light Corn Syrup and Culinary Secrets Ground Mustard Seed in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Gradually add oil until well emulsified. Stir in Culinary Secrets Freeze Dried Chives and season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
Portion salad greens on 10 plates. Top with feta cheese and Cinnamon Dusted Pecans. Drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- 1–1/4 C grated Villa Frizzoni parmesan cheese, 70077
- 2–1/4 C Katy’s Kitchen vegetable oil, 15024
- 1 C red wine vinegar, 13924
- 6 cloves Markon garlic, minced, 78470
- 1–1/4 Tbsp and 1 tsp Culinary Secrets dried basil, 10510
- 3/4 tsp Culinary Secrets crushed red pepper flakes, 24018
- 1–1/4 Tbsp and 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen salt, 33202
- 1–3/4 lbs Villa Frizzoni rotini spirals, 25490
- 8 C Markon broccoli florets, 78330
- 1 lb sliced Villa Frizzoni pepperoni, E6662
- 1 Markon green bell pepper, chopped, 78246
- 1 Markon orange bell pepper, chopped
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved, 78223
- 2 C Villa Frizzoni feather shredded mozzarella cheese, 61677
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- In large bowl, stir together oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and red pepper flakes. Toss with warm macaroni to coat well. Toss with Parmesan. Cover, and refrigerate 2–3 hours.
- Add broccoli, pepperoni, peppers and tomatoes; toss well. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and serve.
- 2 C seeded and coarsely chopped watermelon, 74844
- 2 Tbsp Markon red onions, chopped 79294
- 3 Tbsp seeded, chopped Anaheim chile
- 1/2 C chopped Markon cilantro, 78015
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 17042
- 1/4 tsp Culinary Secrets garlic salt, 28594
- In a serving bowl, mix together the watermelon, onion, cilantro and chiles.
- Season with balsamic vinegar and garlic salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to blend flavors.
- Serve in fun dishes, pictured above, to spice it up a bit.
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
- 2 C all-purpose flour, 27634
- 3 tsp baking powder, D9253
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984
- 1/2 tsp Culinary Secrets garlic powder, 24042
- 1/3 C SilverBrook butter, cold, cut into chunks, 73400
- 2 Tbsp EverFry Free canola oil, 12713
- 1 heaping C (6-7 oz.) grated sharp cheddar cheese, 30320
- 1/2–2/3 C milk, 71388
For brushing on top:
- 3 Tbsp SilverBrook butter, 73400
- 1/2 tsp Culinary Secrets garlic powder, 24042
- 1/2 tsp dried Culinary Secrets parsley flakes, 24016, or 1 Tbsp. Markon fresh
- parsley, finely chopped, 78172 (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder.
- Add the cubed butter. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut butter into flour until it is coarse, pea-sized (doesn’t need to be fine).
- Add oil, grated cheddar cheese. Add milk a bit at a time, just until the dough is moistened and you can no longer see any raw flour. Stir until well combined and holds together.
- Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop or large spoon.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes in a preheated oven at 400°F. While biscuits are baking, melt the remaining butter is a small bowl with garlic powder.
- When biscuits come out of the oven, use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Repeat until butter mixture is all used.
- Sprinkle on parsley (optional). Serve warm.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbsp. SilverBrook butter, 73400
- 2 minced Markon garlic cloves, 78470
- 1 C. chopped Markon onion, 78228
- 1 C. chopped Markon celery, B7296
- 1 C. Bountiful Harvest sliced carrots, 61156
- 58 oz. Culinary Secrets chicken base, reconstituted, 12208
- 14.5 oz. Katy’s Kitchen vegetable base, reconstituted, 28138
- 1/2 pound fully cooked SilverBrook diced chicken, 61988
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets dried basil, 10510
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets dried oregano, 24102
- Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984 and Culinary Secrets pepper, 24108 to taste
- dash or two of Culinary Secrets poultry seasoning, 22650
- pinch or two of Culinary Secrets dried thyme, 31720
- 3 C. Villa Frizzoni egg noodles, 25486
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. In melted butter, sauté garlic cloves, onion, celery, and carrots, until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, the broth, basil, oregano, salt, garlic, pepper, poultry seasoning, and thyme to the pot of veggies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions in a separate pot. Add drained noodles to chicken and veggies, simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Apple Streusel Muffins
- 2 C. Bountiful Harvest all-purpose flour, 27634
- 1 tsp. baking powder, D9253
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda, B2196
- 1/2 tsp. Katy’s Kitchen salt, 31984
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets cinnamon, 24180
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets nutmeg, 24084
- 1 C. SilverBrook butter, 73400
- 1/2 C. white sugar, 27348
- 1/2 C. brown sugar, 27222
- heaping Tbsp. of Bountiful Harvest applesauce, 10738
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets vanilla, 24306
- 2 C. Markon granny smith apples, 75074, 1 C. chopped, 1 C. shredded
- 1/3 C. packed brown sugar, 27222
- 1 Tbsp. Bountiful Harvest all-purpose flour, 27634
- 1/8 tsp. Culinary Secrets ground cinnamon, 24180
- 1 Tsbp. SilverBrook butter, melted, 73400
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla and applesauce. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan filling to about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Tuscan Bean Salad with Dressed Leaves and Crusty Bread
- 1/4 c - red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp - lime juice
- 2 - Markon garlic cloves, RFS item 78470 - minced to a paste with the sea salt
- 1/2 c - Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS item 33388
- 1/2 medium - Markon onion (red), RFS item 79294 - peeled and julienned
- 1 c - butter beans – cooked
- 1 c - great northern beans – cooked
- 1 c - San Pablo pinto beans, RFS item E4836 – cooked
- 1 c - corn
- 2 large -Markon tomatoes RFS item 78204 - small diced
- 1/4 c - Markon cilantro leaves, RFS item 78014 - finely chopped
- 1/4 c - Markon parsley (flat leaf), RFS item 78172 - finely chopped
- 1 pinch - Culinary Secrets sea salt, RFS item 29346 - to taste
- 1 pinch - Culinary Secrets pepper, RFS item 24108 - to taste
- 1 pinch - red chile flakes (ground) - to taste
- Markon Spring Mix Salad blends, RFS item C0246 - as desired
- Brickfire Bakery Vienna rolls, RFS item 63428 – as desired
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice and garlic; whisk in the oil to emulsify.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order and toss.
- Season to taste and serve at room temperature.
- Add spring mix and bread to each plate as desired.
Freshly grilled Shish Kabob with barley salad and horseradish dipping sauce
Pepper Garlic Beef & Pork Kabobs
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Silverbrook whipped sweet cream butter, salted RFS Item #71102 or Silverbrook sweet cream blend with margarine RFS Item #71074
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Culinary Secrets Dried Tyme, RFS Item 31720
- 3/4 teaspoon Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278
- 1/4 Teaspoon Culinary Secrets Dried Oregano, Ground, RFS Item 24102
- 1/4 teaspoon Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS# 24108
- 2 tablespoons Markon Yellow Medium Onion, RFS Item 78338, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Markon Fresh Garlic, RFS Item 78470 ,Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 24 (1-inch) pieces
- 8 Markon Small Button Mushrooms , RFS Item E4770
- 8 Markon, Flavor Pack Fresh Cherry Tomatoes , RFS Item 67164
- 1 Markon Small Green Bell Pepper, RFS Item C9134 or Markon Choice Red Bell Pepper, RFS Item 99598, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Markon Baby Zucchini, RFS Item B1236 cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Markon Yellow Medium Onion, RFS Item 78338 cut into 8 wedges
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; set aside.
- Stir sirloin pieces into marinade in saucepan; marinate 15 minutes. Remove sirloin pieces from marinade; discard saucepan marinade.
- To assemble kabobs, alternately thread sirloin pieces and vegetables onto skewers. Place kabobs onto grill.
- Grill, turning and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until sirloin reaches at least 145°F. or desired doneness (10 to 15 minutes).
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Villa Frizzoni 75/25 Blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS Item #33388
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups cooked and cooled barley
- 1 small head fennel, julienned
- 1/4 Cup Katy’s Kitchen Pine Nuts, RFS Item 23078, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Villa Frizzoni Parmesan cheese, RFS Item 70076
- 1/2 cup Prairie Creek Bacon Slices, RFS item 48314, cooked and crumbled approximately 4 slices
- 2 tablespoons Markon washed and trimmed fresh parsley, chopped ,RFS item 78172
- Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS# 24108
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice and a pinch of kosher salt. Add the olive oil and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the barley, fennel, pine nuts, Parmesan, bacon and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing and stir to combine. Season, to taste, with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately or allow to sit in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 2 Cups Cobblestone Sour Cream, RFS Item R6508
- 1/4 Cup Katy’s Kitchen Fully Prepared Horseradish, RFS Item 85628, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278 to taste
- 1 Pinch Culinary Secrets Paprika, RFS Item 24188
- 1 Pinch Culinary Secrets Garlic Salt, RFS Item 28594
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Culinary Secrets Minced Onion, RFS Item 24542
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Season with salt, paprika, garlic salt and minced onion.
- Mix and then chill for about 20 minutes to let the flavors blend before you start dipping.
Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Casserole
- 1lb. Villa Frizzoni Elbow Macaroni, RFS Item # 24086
- 1 lb. Cobblestone Market Cooked Ham, RFS Item # 41040
- 16 oz. Bountiful Harvest frozen broccoli florets, RFS Item # 61174
- 22 oz. Bountiful Harvest canned chopped tomatoes, drained , RFS Item # 12078
- 1/2 bunch Markon Green Onions, Iceless Clean and Refrigerated, RFS Item # 76206, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons Silverbrook whipped sweet cream butter, salted, RFS Item #71102
- Approximately 1/2 cup Trifoglio Fresh Mozzarella Log, RFS Item # 82496
- Approximately 1/4 cup Villa Frizzoni Grated Parmesan Cheese , RFS Item # 70076
- 2 tbsp prepared yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Katy’s Kitchen Medium Bread Crumbs, RFS Item # 27338
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil macaroni according to package directions, but just until almost finished cooking. (Very al dente.)
- If using a pasta pot: Drain noodles and set aside in a large bowl, but do not rinse. Add broccoli florets to the basket and blanch in pasta water for approximately 2 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- If using a colander:Place broccoli florets in a large heat-proof bowl or pot. Place colander over broccoli and drain water onto the broccoli. Allow to sit in hot water for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water. Allow to drain in a second colander or on a clean dish towel.
- In the same pot you made the pasta in, add heavy cream or half and half and butter, stir to combine. Stir in mozzarella 1/2 teaspoon at a time, waiting until the last addition is completely incorporated before continuing.
- Add macaroni, ham, broccoli, green onions, tomatoes, Parmesan, mustard and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well coated in the cheese mixture. Pour into a large casserole or jelly roll pan. Top with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs begin to brown and mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
Turkey & Smoked Cheddar Croquettes with Smoked Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 lb. SilverBrook Unsalted Grade AA Butter RFS Item 73410
- 1/2 c. bacon grease
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Markon Ready Set Serve 1/4" Diced Yellow Onions RFS Item 79828
- 8 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 qt. half and half cream
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Crushed Red Pepper Flakes RFS Item 24018
- 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 c. smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 c. minced scallions
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 4 c. Japanese Panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medium very ripe red tomatoes
- 2 small yellow onions
- 2 Tbsp. Bountiful Harvest 24% Fancy Tomato Paste RFS Item 12054
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Crushed Red Pepper Flakes RFS Item 24018
- Melt butter and bacon grease together in large skillet. Cook ground turkey until lightly browned. Whisk in 1-1/2 cups of flour to make a roux. Cook for 3-4 minutes, continually stirring.
- Stir in onion and garlic. Reduce heat and slowly stir in half and half. Cook until thickened. The mixture should be very thick at this point.
- Fold in seasonings, cheese, scallions, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let cool in the refrigerator until completely set.
- After turkey mixture is set, mix remaining 2 cups of flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs, 2 Tbsp. cold water and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a third bowl, combine Japanese bread crumbs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop out a small ball of the turkey mixture and roll into desired shape. Dip the ball in the flour mixture, then the egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry at 365 F until the internal temperature reaches 165 F and are lightly golden.
- Smoke tomatoes and onions over hickory and mesquite wood.
- Puree tomatoes and onions in blender with basil, tomato paste and lemon juice.
- Once pureed, slowly stream in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Strain through a course strainer and add the crushed red pepper.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice if needed.
- Serve 4 small croquettes per portion. Spoon the Smoked Tomato Sauce in the center of the plate and stack the croquettes in a pyramid atop the sauce.
Previous Page | Next Page