Yield: 14 Sandwiches
- 2 Pounds Prairie Creek Packing Lean Ground Beef, RFS#39598
- 1 Large Chopped, Markon Onion ,RFS #74498
- 1 Medium Chopped, Markon Red Bell Pepper,RFS #99598
- 1 Medium Chopped,Markon Green Bell Pepper,RFS#79684
- Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278 , to taste
- Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS#24108, to taste
- 16 Ounces San Pablo Medium Thick and Chunky Salsa, RFS#49754
- 1 (14.5 ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 (20 ounce) Bottle Chef Mark Fancy Tomato Ketchup, RFS#12040
- 6 Ounces Bountiful Harvest Fancy Tomato Paste, RFS#12054
- 14 Brickfire Bakery Kaiser Rolls, RFS#65462
- In a large skillet brown ground round, onion, red pepper, green bell pepper and carrots. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender and meat is browned. Place in colander and rinse with warm water to remove excess fat.
- Return to skillet and add salt, black pepper, salsa, Diced Tomatoes with Basil,Garlic & Oregano, ketchup and Tomato Paste . Simmer for 2 hours. Serve on a toasted hamburger bun.
Chipotle Rubbed Cod Tail Torta
Yield: Approximately 10 portions
- 10 – 4-5 oz. Hidden Bay Wild Caught North Atlantic Barents Sea Cod Tails, RFS#50686
- 1 can Chipotle en Adobo
- 3 Brickfire Bakery French baguettes, RFS#17804, cut into 10- 6" pieces
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets cumin seed, RFS#24318
- 1⁄2 cup Villa Frizzoni 75/25 blend Canola and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, RFS #33388
- 5 ripe Markon avocado, RFS# E7442
- 1 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 20 Ripe Markon Tomato slices, RFS# 78204
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1⁄4 cup Markon washed and trimmed cilantro, RFS# 78014, chopped
- Culinary Secrets All Purpose Salt Seasoning, RFS#26278 to taste
- Culinary Secrets ground black pepper, RFS# 24108
- 20 slices Cobblestone Market 0.8 oz. slices Monterrey Jack Cheese, RFS# 70232
- Remove chipotle peppers from can and rinse to remove most residual adobo.
- Place in blender and pulse until peppers have lost their shape. Add cumin, oil,
- orange juice concentrate and honey and blend until well incorporated. Divide into two air-tight containers and set aside.
- Place Cod tails on lined sheet pan and brush with blended mixture from first container. Cook as directed or until Cod reaches internal temperature of 160° degrees.
- Remove from oven and baste with mixture form second container and let rest for 2 minutes. Build Tortas by placing avocado on bottom bun, then layer with Cod tail, tomato, cheese and top bun.
- Place Tortas in sandwich press and toast.
- Serve with chips and salsa or Latin style slaw.
Sourdough Smoked Turkey Melt
- 2 medium Markon red onions, sliced RFS Item 79294
- 4 tablespoons Culinary Secrets butter, divided, RFS Item 73794
- 4 tablespoons Culinary Secrets barbecue sauce, RFS Item 28160
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Cobblestone Market Swiss cheese, RFS Item 71288
- 8 slices Prairie Creek Packing bacon, RFS Item 44206
- 16 slices Cobblestone Market Smoked Turkey, RFS Item 94950
- Markon Green Leaf Lettuce, RFS Item 76210
- Cobblestone Market Dill Pickle Spears, RFS Item 44032
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- Spread barbecue sauce on four slices of bread.
- Layer each with one slice of cheese, lettuce, 1 slice of bacon (broke in half to fit), onions, 2 slices of turkey, and top with another slice of bacon.
- Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- In the same skillet or on a griddle, over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter as needed.
- Grill sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Add pickle spear to plate and serve.
Chicken Salad Wraps with Dried Cherries
Yield: 36 cups chicken salad; 48 servings
- 24 cups SilverBrook Fully Cooked 1/2" Diced White Meat Chicken RFS Item 61972
- 8 cups celery, diced
- 4 cups almonds, silvered
- 16 cups dried tart cherries
- 4 cups Culinary Secrets Real Mayonnaise RFS Item 17480
- 4 cups plain, non-fat yogurt
- 8 tsp. Culinary Secrets Whole Tarragon Leaves, crumbled RFS Item 24172
- 5 tsp. salt
- Culinary Secrets Ground Black Pepper, to taste RFS Item 24116 (Cafe Grind, 20 Mesh)
- 48 Markon Ready Set Serve Clean & Trim Romaine Lettuce Leaves RFS Item 76205
- 48 San Pablo 10-inch Flour Tortillas RFS Item 67728
- Combine chicken, dried cherries, celery and almonds; mix well. Whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt, pour over chicken. Add tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and let chill 2 to 3 hours to blend flavors.
- Place one romaine lettuce leaf on top of each tortilla. Top with 3/4 cup chicken salad. Roll tightly and wrap in deli paper. Sandwich can be wrapped and chilled 2 hours before serving.
Salsa Chicken Sandwich
- 1 Rich's Fully Baked French Sandwich Rolls, RFS Item 56128
- 1-4 oz. SilverBrook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, RFS Item 35772
- 2 oz. San Pablo Medium Thick n' Chunky Salsa, RFS Item 49754
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c. Markon 1/8" Fresh Shredded Lettuce, RFS Item 70426
- 2 oz. roma tomatoes, oven-roasted
- 1 oz. Spanish onions, sauteed
- Assemble all ingredients on sandwich roll and serve.*
*For an extra kick, top this sandwich with melted San Pablo Pepper Jack Cheese! RFS Item 70248
Recipe and Photography courtesy of Rich Products.
Wisconsin Stuffed Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs. Eagle Ridge 85/15 Pure Ground Beef, RFS Item 50106
- 1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3/4 c. Cobblestone Market Crumbled Bleu Cheese, RFS Item 70030
- 6 hamburger buns, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs and eggs; mix well, but lightly.
- Divide mixture into 12 balls; flatten each on waxed paper to 4 inches across. Place 1 tablespoon cheese on each of 6 patties. Top with remaining patties, carefully pressing the edges to seal.
- Grill patties 4 inches from the hot coals, turning only once for 6 to 9 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink. To keep cheese between patties as it melts, do not flatten burgers with spatula while grilling.
- Place burgers on buns and top with tomato and lettuce.
*Your possibilities are endless! Stuff your burgers with Cobblestone Market Co-Jack or Swiss, San Pablo Pepper Jack, Trifoglio Pizza Blend or Villa Frizzoni Mozzarella.
Photo and Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
Arizona Monte Carlo Sandwiches
Serving Size: 4
- 3 tablespoons SilverBrook butter, RFS Item # 73400
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can SanPablo Whole Fire Roasted Green Chilies, each cut in half lengthwise, RFS Item # F7532
- 4 thin slices Cobblestone Market smoked ham, RFS Item # 39256
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cobblestone Market Monterey Jack cheese, RFS Item # 70798
- San Pablo Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa as desired, RFS Item # 49740
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Place butter in rimmed 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Heat in oven until butter is melted.
- In shallow dish, beat eggs and milk.
- Dip 4 slices of bread into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Arrange slices on top of butter in baking pan. Top bread evenly with chilies, ham, avocado and cheese.
- Dip remaining 4 slices of bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place on top of sandwiches.
- Bake 8 to 15 minutes or until sandwiches begin to brown.
- Turn sandwiches over using wide spatula. Bake 10 more minutes or until puffed and browned.
- Cut and serve with salsa, if desired.
Turkey & Red Pepper Sandwich
- 1 Onion bun, split OR 1 Brickfire Bakery Kaiser Roll, baked, split, RFS Item 65462
- 1 Tbsp. SilverBrook Grade AA Unsalted Butter, RFS Item 73410
- 2 Tbsp. roasted garlic mayonnaise
- 1 Markon Iceberg Lettuce Leaf, RFS Item 75026
- 2 to 3 red tomato slices
- 4 oz. Cobblestone Market 99% Fat Free Boneless, Skinless Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, shaved, RFS Item 43210
- 1 slice meunster cheese
- 2 oz. fire-roasted peppers and onions (RFS Recommends: Simplot RoastWorks Fire-Roasted Peppers & Onions, RFS Item 61634)
- Spread cut sides of bun with butter. Toast on grill until golden. Spread cut side of top bun with roasted garlic mayonnaise from edge to edge.
- Place iceberg on bottom half of bun, top with tomato slices.
- Heat peppers and onions on grill; place on top of tomato.
- Evenly and loosely arrange shaved turkey over peppers and onions.
- Top with cheese. Close sandwich and secure with toothpicks.
- Serve immediately.
Pork Apple Mini Burgers
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup Markon Medium Yellow Onion, minced
RFS Item 78338
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. extra lean ground pork
1 cup Washington Extra Fancy Premium
Red Delicious Apples, grated - RFS Item 78008
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup spicy plum sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Pepper Pepper Seasoning
RFS Item 28672
1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Ginger
RFS Item 24054
1. In skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook onion, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. In bowl, stir together pork, grated apple, bread crumbs, plum sauce, salt, pepper, ginger and the cooked onion mixture until well combined. Using 1/4 cup at a time, form into patties 1/2-inch thick.
3. Brown patties on both sides (using either a non-stick skillet or a griddle) until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 burgers
Paisano Breakfast Wrap
12 San Pablo 12" Tomato Basil Wraps 12" or Spinach Herb Wraps
RFS Item 52592 or 13098
12 oz. sour cream
12 oz. prepared pesto
1 qt. cooked and seasoned risotto
2 oz. SilverBrook Grade AA Salted Butter
RFS Item 73400
4 oz. Markon Green Bell Peppers, diced
RFS Item 78247
4 oz. Markon Fancy Fresh Medium Mushrooms, sliced
RFS Item 78170
1 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
8 oz. Trifoglio Mild Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
RFS Item C6792
23 large eggs
6 oz. tomatoes, diced
4 oz. Villa Frizzoni Sliced Fancy Black Olives
RFS Item 31248
8 oz. Villa Frizzoni Feather Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
RFS Item 61676
2 Tbsp. Markon Fresh Oregano, chopped
RFS Item 77802
2 Tbsp. Markon Fresh Basil, chopped
RFS Item 77800
1 oz. Markon Clean & Trim Green Onions, sliced
RFS Item 76207
1. Allow tortillas to come to room temperature.
2. Blend sour cream and pesto; refrigerate until needed. Keep risotto warm.
3. Saute peppers, mushrooms and garlic in butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Add sausage; heat through.
4. Pour eggs over meat mixture and scramble until soft. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Add cheese. When cheese begins to melt, gently stir in herbs. Cook until firm throughout with no visible liquid egg remaining. Sprinkle green onions over eggs. Keep warm until serving.
5. To assemble wraps: portion 3 oz. (1/3 cup) risotto across center of tortilla. Add about 1 cup (#8 scoop) of egg mixture and 2 oz. of pesto cream. Roll up tightly. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings
Previous Page | Next Page